“No one is born to be a great cook, one learns by doing.”— Julia Child
Today’s Meal of Day: Pan Fajitas
With all the new found free time why not practice and develop a new skill? Will be sharing some really easy meals that can create some game changing effects to your health and performance while you are in quarantine. At the same time we want to make sure it is a delicious experience as well.
We hope some of these recipes become fun challenges to partake in but also an acquired skill in the long run. Feel free to ask us questions, share your comments, shoot a pic send it to us, or if you have sweet recipes you want us to shoot out let us know.
3,2,1 Go cook;)!
Love Coach Mike
- Level: Easy
- Time Domain: ~25-30 minutes
- Number of servings: 4
- Protein: 38g
- Carbs: 26g
- Fat: 20g
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound baby bell peppers (12 to 15 peppers), halved, stemmed and seeded
- 1 large yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Juice of 1 lime, plus lime wedges, for serving
- 8 fajita-size flour tortillas, warmed
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese, guacamole, hot sauce, salsa and sour cream, for serving
- Preheat the broiler too high. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Combine the chili powder, 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Put the peppers and onions on the prepared baking sheet, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil and season with half the chili powder mixture. Broil until softened and start to char, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the chicken into 1/4-inch-thick slices and toss in a large bowl with the remaining chile powder mixture and 1 tablespoon oil.
- After the peppers are softened and starting to char, about 10 minutes, scatter the chicken on top of the peppers and onions and return the baking sheet to the broiler until the chicken is cooked through and starting to brown, about 5 minutes more. Drizzle with the lime juice.
- Serve with the warmed tortillas, Monterey Jack cheese, guacamole, hot sauce, salsa, sour cream and lime wedges